[Samba] File already in use?

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Sat May 29 19:21:50 GMT 2004

On Sat, May 29, 2004 at 08:54:27PM +0200, Andreas Haumer wrote:

> But as far as I have understood the explanation from
> Jeremy, there might also be some issue with samba and
> windows clients opening the same file several times
> in the same second.
>
> I will now proceed as follows:
>
> a) Try to reproduce the problem with the virus scanner disabled
> b) Try to reproduce the problem with samba 3.0.5pre1 (though it
>    might not have a fix for this)
> c) Wait for a patch from Jeremy with a fix for the "deferred open issue"
>    and try to reproduce the problem with that.
>
> I will keep the list informed of any results I can get!

Thanks - that's a good plan. I now have the design for the
new "deferred" open code in my head, and I'm looking at the
3.0.x codebase to try and make a minimum neccessary change
to integrate it (ie. I don't want to break anything). I will
be running lots of regression tests in this area before
committing the code :-).

Jeremy.