[Samba] Samba3 + LDAP

Shannon Johnson sjohnson at engr.psu.edu
Sat May 29 19:10:56 GMT 2004

> You *NEED* a POSIX account for each CIFS account, no way around that.
> Just use NSS and store the POSIX accounts in LDAP along with the CIFS
> accounts.

Unless you have winbind configured, and a Windows NT/2000/2003 domain with all the accounts in it. If you have that, you could then install Services for Unix on the Windows domain controller, and set up each account. Theoretically, it should work, although I never actually got it to. Apparently some people on this list have.

Shannon