[Samba] Question on SMB Browsing

Phillip Tejada ptejad at sandia.gov
Sat May 29 18:54:42 GMT 2004

Has anyone seen problems browsing large SMB network domains that have more
than 3000 machines in a single domain?

I am using Samba in MacOSX Panther

We have a large network that has over 15000 Windows computers running on
Active Directory, with all of the machines in a single root domain.  When I
browse, I can only get the first 2149 machines.
The same thing happens in Print Center when trying to connect to SMB print
shares. I get an incomplete list of printers.  Is this a limitation to
Samba, or is it something peculiar to Mac OS X?

--

Phill Tejada
Science Applications International Corp. (SAIC)
mailto:ptejad at sandia.gov

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary
Benjamin Franklin

Sent using the Microsoft Entourage 2004 for Mac Test Drive.