[Samba] Can't print multiple copies from XP to Samba 2.2.8a on Linux, hp 932c

Chris Kratz chris.kratz at vistashare.com
Fri May 28 20:57:01 GMT 2004

We've been using samba for in house domain serving for a small network of XP
machines.  We have an HP 932c shared via samba 2.2.8a on a Linux box.  We
loaded the drivers that come with windows on the print$ share for automatic
installation.  In samba, the print command is "lpr-cups -P %p -o raw %s -r".
Printing single copies works fine.  When we hook the printer directly to a xp
machine, printing multiple copies does work, but printing over the network to
samba will only ever print a single copy no matter what.

Anyone have any ideas of things we can try? The XP machines all have the
latest service packs and are up to date on updates.  I tried the hp drivers
from their website since some postings seem to indicate it is a driver
problem.

Any help is appreciated.

-Chris