[Samba] two Problems with Samba 3.0.4

Stefan Kania stefan at kania-online.de
Fri May 28 14:12:37 GMT 2004

Hello

I have to strange problems since we changed from samba 3.0.2a to 3.0.4.
The first one is, everytime I enter SWAT the entry in smb.conf "printcap
name" changes from "/etc/printcap" to "lpstat" even when i switch back
to default in SWAT (wich is /etc/printcap ) i get the entry "lpstat" in
my smb.conf. I have to change the smb.conf by hand, everytime i opend it
with SWAT. Don't tell me "don't use SWAT" we need it for the local
admins.
The second problem has someting to with filesystem rights. We use acl's
with samba. But on the Windows clients we only see the acl's and not the
main group. So the main group, even if it has the right on the linux
filesystem, can't open the files or enter the directory.
We have to Samba Servers one PDC and one BDC together with two
LDAP-Servers. The Problem is only on the filesystem of the BDC. Both
smb.conf files are exactly the same for the filesystemrights.

May be some of you can help me.

Stefan
--
Kösliner Straße 75