Same Problem.... RE: [Samba] Can see server, but can't see shares. Whazzup?

Jim Shanks jim at shanks.cc
Fri May 28 13:32:29 GMT 2004

OK,

Now, if you set you set the following, do you still have a problem browsing?

os level = 10
wins support = no

You will have to restart samba after the change, you may also have to
restart all of the workstations.  This should force that samba server to
not be the master browser on the network, and let one of your Windows
machines take the task.

By the way, do you have any Microsoft Windows NT or 2000 servers on your
network?

Jim