[Samba] Trouble with KDE and Samba 2.8

Charlie &
Fri May 28 00:59:46 GMT 2004

I am using WinXP home desktops and would like to run KDE on top of FreeBSD 4.9
and Samba 2.8 as a network filer server.
Currently I am having trouble getting samba to run as a file server. I was
able at one point in the process to have the samba machine show-up on the
networked computers window on the XP machines, but now I can't even get that
to work.

Can someone help?

. . .and now I am not an idiot. This is my first time using any of this
software. I just want to get it to work,

Thanks,
Chris