[Samba] Microsoft in a Samba Domain

Mark Baylis mark.baylis at powys.gov.uk
Thu May 27 07:24:11 GMT 2004

We are planing to move from Netware to Samba in the near future. The
trouble we have is that we have about 50 Microsoft servers in various
Domains and Workgroups. These will be brought into the new domain
structure when they are replaced (In the near future as well). If we
could then we would replace all the Microsoft servers (who wouldn't) but
they are application servers that will cost to much to replace. When
Samba is  the PDC and we are authenticating to an LDAP directory, will
Microsoft be able to use the LDAP directory  in a Samba Domain?

Mark