[Samba] file limits using SAMBA

Cameron, Terry terry.cameron at sealcorp.com.au
Thu May 27 03:09:35 GMT 2004

Is there a limit to the number of files that can be seen through SAMBA
Shares. We currently have approximately 120,000 files (and growing)
under business related shares under our current Pathworks environment.
With being in the process of transferring over to SAMBA we need to
ensure that all the files are viewable.

It may be advisable to split these shares across several disks on our
UNIX environment. Any suggestions would be beneficial.

Terry Cameron

Snr Operations Analyst, App. Services

SEALCORP Holdings Limited

Level 38, Central Park

152 St Georges Tce, Perth 6000, WA

e-mail: terry.cameron at sealcorp.com.au

ph: (08) 9415 5780

mob: 0419 930 461

"----  Building SEALCORP's new Infrastructure ---"

                                     IMPORTANT INFORMATION

This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and should be read only by those persons to whom it is addressed.
If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by way of reply. Please also destroy and delete the message from your computer. Any unauthorised form of reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited.

It is the duty of the recipient to virus scan and otherwise test the information provided before loading onto any computer system.
SEALCORP does not warrant that the information is free of a virus or any other defect or error.

SEALCORP is not liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication, nor for any delay in its receipt.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of SEALCORP.