[Samba] English & Japanese Languages

Larry Hansford lhansfor at lch-assoc.com
Thu May 27 00:32:10 GMT 2004

I haven't seen any replies to this one, and wonder if anyone has any
suggestions.  I added the following 3 lines to the [global] section:

  dos charset = CP932
  unix charset = EUC-JP
  display charset = CP932

The Japanese workstations can create, edit, and view new files, in the
Japanese language.  But, they cannot open any files that existed prior to
the upgrade to Samba 3.0.4-1.    I'd like to get the rest of the files
available to them as well.