[Samba] clock skew again

Sahibzada Junaid Noor sjunaidn at yahoo.com
Wed May 26 21:27:19 GMT 2004

Hi,

   ok this time i have really done every thing i can
do.

i went to
http://www.bytefusion.com/download/win2000/middle.htm

and downloaded the presentTense time server for
windows 2000. i installed it on my backup domain
controller.

my sys admin wont allow it on the primary domain
controller.

ok so after installing it on niit91 (10.10.11.91)

i came back to my linux box started the ntpd and tried
to sync the machine with niit91 using the command

ntpdate -b 10.10.11.91
26 May 20:50:38 ntpdate[3066]: no server suitable for
synchronization found

i used every other method including the GUI one where
u go to the system tools and date time and check the
time sync box in red hat ,but it wont work.

here is my ntp.conf file

server 10.10.11.91
driftfile /etc/ntp/ntp.drift
logfile /var/log/ntp.log

from a website
http://freeunix.dyndns.org:8088/site2/howto/NTP3.shtml

i came to know that if there is a output like this
then  some thing is wrong.

ntpq -p
remote       refid   st t when poll reach delay  offset  jitter
10.10.11.91  0.0.0.0 16 u 13   64   0.000  0.000 4000.00

f all remote servers have jitters of 4000.0 with delay
and reach values of 0, then something is wrong. It
means your server is not able to get proper
synchronization. Output of ntpq -p would look like
this :

can u plz tell me what to do