[Samba] pam_winbind - losing domain membership

Philip Reetz p.reetz at linet-services.de
Wed May 26 19:32:24 GMT 2004

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Philip Reetz wrote:
> | Hello,
> | I have the following setup:
> | SuSE 9.1 with samba and winbind installed. On the other side is a nt4
> | domain. I can join the domain with "net rpc join DOMAIN -U
> | administrator".
> | wbinfo -u shows me alle the users etc.
> | I integrated the pam_winbind.so in my pam configuration and users can
> | login with their nt login and password. Everything works fine.
> |
> | After a while it seems that samba/winbind loses the association to the
> | domain. User cannot login anymore and the /var/log/messages shows
> | NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED.  After a new "net rpc join ...". The login
> | works again.
>
> Does a restart of winbindd fix it ?  Could be bug 1208.

A restart of winbindd does not fix it. The problem sometimes appears for
the first time after a complete computer reboot. Bug 1208 seems very ADS
specific, but this is a NT4 environment.
Is there a problem when there is a w2k machine on the same pc in a dual
boot configuration both integrated into the domain.

Ciao,
Phil