[Samba] setting files read-only form right click windows properties dialog

Richard Houston rhouston at rlhc.net
Wed May 26 19:15:50 GMT 2004

Hi all, hope this has not been asked and answered,

I can not seem to set the read-only flag when I right click on a file and
select properties from in Windows XP. It look like it work but if I go
back in it is unchecked. I have the same issue weather I am the owner of
the file or not.

I am using Fedora Core 1 with Samba 3.0.2 ( the one from the care install
with all updates applied) I am using the posix acl patch on a custom
2.4.25 kernel.

Is there a setting I am missing I have included the global section of my
conf file and the one share I am testing with. Oddly enough the archive is
set but can not be unset.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#======================= Global Settings
=====================================
[global]
        dns proxy = no
        log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
        netbios name = mma-server
        load printers = yes
        server string = MMA file / print server
        workgroup = mma
        os level = 64
        printcap name = /etc/printcap
        security = user
        max log size = 50
        wins support = true
        prefered master = yes
        domain master = yes
        local master = yes
        domain logons = yes
        logon drive = u:
        logon script = logon.bat
        add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g 600 -s
/bin/false -M %u
        time server = yes
        lpq command = lpstat -o %p
        lprm command = cancel %p-%j
        admin users = admin

[homes] Logons
 [netlogon]
   comment = Network Logon Service
   path = /home/netlogon
   guest ok = yes
   writable = no
   share modes = no

[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   path = /var/spool/samba
   browseable = no
# Set public = yes to allow user 'guest account' to print
   guest ok = no
   writable = no
   printable = yes
   use client driver = yes

[temp]
        force create mode = 770
        writeable = yes
        create mode = 770
        path = /home/data/temp
        dos filemode = yes

Regards,
| Richard Houston                  .^.     |
| R.L.H.  Consulting               /V\     |
| E-Mail  <rhouston at rlhc.net>    /(   )\   |
| WWW     <www.rlhc.net>          ^^-^^    |