[Samba] File already in use?

Chris Garrigues cwg-dated-1086013110.a8c2a5 at deepeddy.com
Wed May 26 14:18:29 GMT 2004

> From:  Andreas Haumer <andreas at xss.co.at>
> Date:  Wed, 26 May 2004 16:12:19 +0200
>
> Hi!
>
> Chris Garrigues wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm running 3.0.4 and have had several reports from users both using Office
> > and Lotus where the application tells them that the file is already in use
> > when we know it isn't.
> >
> We seem to have similar problems!
> (see my mail with subject "Share violation on file error"
> from yesterday)
>
> So far I've got no reply from the list.
> I tried to play a little bit with oplock configurations
> (disable oplocks for some file pattern, completely disable
> oplocks for the shares) but it doesn't seem to help... :-(
>
> I don't know what's going on.
> Currently I suspect the virus scanners doing some
> strange things, but I have no prove for this theory.

I don't have the virus scanning enabled.

My understanding is that oplocks doesn't actually have anything to do with
locking and has much more to do with caching.

Chris

--
Chris Garrigues                 http://www.DeepEddy.Com/~cwg/
Trinsic Solutions		http://www.trinsics.com

	    If you don't apply what you've learned, you haven't
	       learned anything.