[Samba] Problems connecting to samba 3.04

18 18 at home.se
Wed May 26 13:57:24 GMT 2004

I have a FreeBSD 4.10 box with samba 3.04 set up and a Windows XP pro
sp1 client.
Everything is fine, except every 15 minutes or so for no apparent reason
  the connection drops and I'm unable to access the server.
Then after a few minutes the whole thing starts working again, and 15
minutes or so later, the connection drops again.

The problem is pretty similar to
<http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2003-December/054339.html>
but when I do a "net view \\server"  on the winxp-client I get error 53
instead of 2114 (I used to get 2114 error but now it is 53 instead for
no particular reason).
The document <http://hr.uoregon.edu/davidrl/samba.html> says I should go
look in MS Knowledge base article 308246
<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308246> if I
recieve error 53.which says i should upgrade my my netbt.sys to >
version 5.1.2600.17, but my netbt.sys is version 5.1.2600.1243.

Anyone else experience this same problem or even have solved it?