[Samba] Windows XP and domain logon

Honey Bajaj honey at infotronic.net
Wed May 26 12:19:09 GMT 2004

Hello,

I have installed samba 3.0.2a as PDC and BDC, I am able to add windows xp to domain and have added all the registry patches to windows xp, but when it comes to domain logon on windows xp client, the behaviour is very erratic, sometimes I am able to logon to domain and sometimes the domain logon fails, we need to restart the xp machine and keep trying to the domain logon. The error we receive is "domain controller is not available", we are facing this problem with a network of 15 xp clients everyday few of the the clients randomly are able to logon and rest of the few are not able to logon. Please suggest me some solution to this problem.

Thanks,
Honey