[Samba] conflicting domain SIDS

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed May 26 01:16:45 GMT 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 03:38, Tim Jordan wrote:
> I would like to migrate users into my Samba3 server.  Problem is I have
> a sambaDomainSID that conflicts with my Windows domain SID.  My backend
> is LDAP.  I'm not sure what to delete so I can get my SambaDomainSid in
> sync with Windows domain SID and start migrating users.

First join the Windows domain as a BDC, then change your smb.conf so
that 'workgroup=LABOR'.  You probably want to blow away any reference to
DOL-ANC-SAMBA3 in LDAP.

Then the vampire process should work, and you should become a DC of
LABOR.  If you want to just copy the passwords, but not 'become' the
LABOR domain, then look at 'net rpc samdump' and munge the result into
whatever form you desire.

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org