[Samba] Samba 3 write performance drop on files > 16 MB

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Wed May 26 00:02:33 GMT 2004

On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 11:56:11AM -0400, DKrause at jw.org wrote:
> I tried W2K3 to W2K3 server, still on same hardware.  It does not get as
> high of performance initially, but it also does not drop off after 16MB.
> It stayed at about 25 to 30,000KB/sec.

Ok, I'd really like to see some protocol traces of it going
fast (to w2k3) and slow (to samba). These might be quite large,
or can you tell me *exactly* how to reproduce this on a system
here ? I'd need W2k3 SP level, file size and exaclty what client
operations you do to reproduce it (ie. is it a mapped drive
or unc pathname, do you use a command line copy or explorer etc.).

Thanks,

Jeremy.