[Samba] smb_pam_account: PAM: UNKNOW PAM ERROR ( 9 )

Philippe Le p.le at smie.com
Tue May 25 16:46:51 GMT 2004

I am trying to run samba 3 and winbind and I get some problems.

In fact every thing seem to work well. I could join the domain and getent is
running well as wbinfo.

The problem comes when a windows user try to access via windows eplorer to
my samba server. He couldn't acces to the share ressources and iget the
following error in var/log/samba/log.user

smb_pam_account: PAM: UNKNOW PAM ERROR ( 9 ) during Account Management for
User : XXXXXXX

auth/pampass.c:smb_pam_accountcheck(781) smb_pam_accountcheck: PAM: Account
Validation Failed - Rejecting User XXXXXXX!

Should I configure something in /etc/pam.d/  ?

Philippe Lê
Responsable informatique
ple at smie.com
tel. +33 1 55 85 90 40