[Samba] Some little questions ...

Yohann Ferreira bertram25 at hotmail.com
Tue May 25 08:55:31 GMT 2004

Hi everyone !

I've just some little questions about the samba how-to collection in samba
server membership section.

It is said : "Testing Server Setup

If the join was successful, you will see a new computer account with the
NetBIOS name of your Samba server in Active Directory (in the “Computers”
folder under Users and Computers.

On a Windows 2000 client, try net use * \\server\share. You should be logged
in with Kerberos without needing to know a password. If this fails then run
klist tickets. Did you get a ticket for the server? Does it have an
encryption type of DES-CBC-MD5?
Note
Samba can use both DES-CBC-MD5 encryption as well as ARCFOUR-HMAC-MD5
encoding. "

Ok, When I do kinit -U admin at domain.server...
klist -ae (I use MIT Kerberos 1.3.3...) shows me that :
05/25/04 08:29:39  05/25/04 18:33:43  krbtgt/DRAF.FC at DRAF.FC
        renew until 05/26/04 08:29:39, Etype (skey, tkt): DES cbc mode with
RSA-MD5, DES cbc mode with RSA-MD5
        Addresses: (none)
05/25/04 08:37:23  05/25/04 18:33:43  draffc3$@DRAF.FC
        renew until 05/26/04 08:29:39, Etype (skey, tkt): ArcFour with
HMAC/md5, ArcFour with HMAC/md5
        Addresses: (none)

I think I'm good on it, right ? The documentation don't say much how to test
what are the encryption types we are using. So, I was wondering ...

Thanks for reading !

Bertram