[Samba] problem adding PC to domain

David Baker dbaker at getnetworked.com
Mon May 24 12:55:41 GMT 2004

I am running Red Hat 9 and Samba 3.0.4.  I have a Win2K PC.  I have made the
registry change regarding requiresignorseal and signsecurechannel.  When I
try to join the domain it pops up the username and password.  I put in root
and it's password (which I have added/enabled with Swat).  However I get the
following results.

The following error occurred attempting to join the domain "domain":
The user name could not be found.

Here is my smb.conf file.
[global]

workgroup = DOMAIN

server string = rh1

max log size = 0

add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g 100 -s /bin/false -M %u

logon script = login.bat

logon home = \\%L\%U\.profile

domain logons = Yes

os level = 65