[Samba] Printing not working after upgrading to 3.0.4

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Sun May 23 03:26:13 GMT 2004

> Skip Morrow skip-samba at pelorus.org
> Sat May 22 22:54:26 GMT 2004
>

> I had been running Samba to share my HP printer among my Windows XP clients.
> When I upgraded to 3.0.4, I can no longer print.  When I start the print job
> in Windows XP, the printer lights blinks for a few seconds, and then stops.
> No pages come out.  The print job is shown as complete in the CUPS web
> intrface.  Printing from the Linux box works just fine.  I read the Samba
> pages concerning printing, and the chapter on CUPS, but I don't see anything
> that could cause this problem.

I read your mail, but I don't see anything that could cause
your problem.

Please re-post with a few more details.

Tell us about your printer type(s), the driver(s) you use on
the Win clients, which Samba version you was using previously,
what the settings of your smb.conf are (please strip comments),
which CUPS version you use, which OS version your Samba is
installed on, etc.

> The share is still listed in smbclient, and I
> have tried re-installing the printer from Windows.

Cheers,
Kurt