[Samba] Gathering EventLog Information from a remote server orworkstation

Lee W samba at mlists.unassemble.co.uk
Sat May 22 10:09:32 GMT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lee W" <samba at mlists.unassemble.co.uk>
To: <samba at lists.samba.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 22, 2004 10:38 AM
Subject: Re: [Samba] Gathering EventLog Information from a remote server
orworkstation

http://www.ftponline.com/Archives/premier/mgznarch/vbpj/2001/11nov01/lj0111/lj0111-1.asp
> and this
> http://www.roth.net/perl/scripts/scripts.asp?wmi-Generic.pl
>
> Regards
>
> Lee

Sorry to reply to my own post, but though this may be of use to you.

Why bother with complicated programs if you already have a good *IX Box around
anyway.  Found this utility to log
event log information to a syslog server.  Once there any number of good (and
free) Open-Source tools exist to monitor/filter the log files
and all in one place as well.  Here is the link:-

https://engineering.purdue.edu/ECN/Resources/Documents/UNIX/evtsys/