[Samba] samba share of mounted Novell volume is empty

Bernd Martin Bernd--Martin at t-online.de
Sat May 22 08:34:47 GMT 2004

Hi,

I am using samba as logon server. I have created some shares using
SWAT. I am using scripts for loging on to Windows clients and
connecting drive letters . Everything works fine so far. Now I mounted
as root our Novell fileserver (4.x with IPX). Finally it worked! I can
see the Novell volumes and their files on my Linux machine under the
directory to which I mounted them. I can see them as root but also
when I log in as normal user. Now I created again a share for this
novell-directory. I assign a drive letter via login-script. When I log in
on my windows-client I see the novell-server directory under the
assigned drive letter, but it is empty! I can se no files or data at all.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any hints!

Bernd Martin