[Samba] Error message when trying to do smbmount

John Seo juseo at scripps.edu
Fri May 21 22:02:10 GMT 2004

Hi,

Up until a couple weeks ago, I had a working connection between my Linux
and Win2000 machines with Samba.  But nowadays, whenever I type:

smbmount //amiadmin/Scan32 /mnt/scan -o credentials=/root/creds

where amiadmin is the Win2000 machine, I get the following error message:

INFO: Debug class all level = 1  (pid 28704 from pid 28704)
28704: session setup failed: ERRSRV - 2242
SMB connection failed

Any clarification of the error code and maybe a possible fix is very much
appreciated!

Thanks,

John Seo