[Samba] Mapping SIDs to existing UIDs

Michael St. Laurent mikes at hartwellcorp.com
Fri May 21 21:31:05 GMT 2004

I have a newly upgraded Red Hat 9 Samba server (now ver. 3.04, formerly ver.
2.2.7a) on which I would like to start using ACLs to provide the NTFS style
permissions.  The problem I'm running into is figuring out how to map the NT
User Account SIDs to the Unix UIDs.  Every network user has an account on
the Unix system with a name that matches their NT account name and I would
like for there to be a 1 to 1 mapping between them.  Is this possible?  So
far I've not been able to find anything in the docs except how to map to a
UID from a given range that will not correspond to an already existing Unix
account.  If this info is already documented I would really appreciate a
pointer towards it.

Thanks.

--
Michael St. Laurent