[Samba] Problems since upgrade to 3.0.2a-3 (mandrake rpm)

daniel.jarboe at custserv.com daniel.jarboe at custserv.com
Fri May 21 18:51:10 GMT 2004

> Hey... first time post to this group :s
>
> i have recently upgraded from mandrake 9.1 to 10.0, automatically
> installing
> samba version 3.0.2a-3 to my system over the previous version, i kept
my
> original config file..
> all my old directory shares, as well as any new shares i add, are
> displayed as
> printers in all my clients on the network (WinXP pro, Win98, smb)..
> i have tried manually adding shares to the config file and adding
shares
> through swat and webmin, but the keep appearing as printers.
> i'm confused to hell and would appreciate any advice..
>  i have attached my config file  for reference..
>
> thanks in advance..
> -CHRIS-

Take this out of [global]:

printable = Yes

~ Daniel

This message is the property of Time Inc. or its affiliates. It may be
legally privileged and/or confidential and is intended only for the use
of the addressee(s). No addressee should forward, print, copy, or
otherwise reproduce this message in any manner that would allow it to be
viewed by any individual not originally listed as a recipient. If the
notified that any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the information
herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this message.
Thank you.