[Samba] Help.

Shashidhar SR Shashidhar.SR at siemens.com
Fri May 21 17:43:17 GMT 2004

Hello,

I am Shashidhar SR Working for Siemens Communication Software in Bangalore,
INDIA as a Configuration Manager for Clearcase.

I need some help regarding the samba configuration at our site.

First Let me Explain our Environment:

- We are Using samba 2.2.8a on Solaris 9.
- We are using samba as an interop from Solaris 9 box to winnt/w2k/win-xp
clients.
- On Solaris we have installed IBM Rational Clearcase and we have around 20
VOBs created.

Now we are successfully able to access the files/directories which are
stored on unix from windows clients.

Some times we get an error saying "Incorrect function" on the windows
clients, when trying to access some .txt/.cpp/.h or any other text files.
and this error is very sporadic, for some people it's works and for others
it dosen't, eventhough the permissions are same for all the users.

Can we know, what could be the possible problems? even we contacted Rational
for the same and they have confirmed that there is no problem with
clearcase.

Please do let me know if you need any additional information.

With Kind Regards,
Shashi.