[Samba] SaMBa - Converting from NTLM to ADS environment, but not all at once.

guyverdh at mchsi.com guyverdh at mchsi.com
Fri May 21 15:50:08 GMT 2004

Hi,

We are in the process of migrating from Windows NT4 Servers to Windows 2k/2k03
Servers in an AD environment.

Due to the user count, we are rolling this out in stages.

All of our SaMBa servers currently authenticate to the NT Domain servers.

With some users switching over to XP/AD, they can no longer authenticate/map to
the SaMBa shares.

While I know I can change the security entry to point to ADS, what I need to be
able to do is authenticate to either the NT Domain or the AD environment,
depending on where the user is authenticated.

Can this be done?  If so, how?

Thanks,

Larry