[Samba] recovering files from .recyle

Robin M. robin at primus.ca
Fri May 21 15:11:17 GMT 2004

On Fri, 21 May 2004, Mike Stewart Top-Posted:

> Hi Robin, sorry I can't help but.... I didn't know there was such an option
> so I've looked at the how-to and it's not helping me :-( how did you set it
> up as it's something I would really like to try.
>
> The how-to I'm looking at is for Samba v3 but I'm using Samba 2.2.8a - do
> you know if it's possible in that version ?

I have not tried version 2 of samba but I have read the documentation for
version two and it seems to have all the same features, althoug the syntax
is slightly different. This is what I have in my smb.conf. So far I can
see that a directory .recycle is created but it does not show up in my
windows browser, yet. I still have to get to the point where users can
restore items.

<snip>
;recyclebin options for samba version 3
recycle:exclude = *.tmp *.temp *.o *.obj ~$*
recycle:keeptree = True
recycle:touch = True
recycle:versions = True
recycle:noversions = .doc|.xls|.ppt