[Samba] 99% CPU utilization

Gary MacKay gary at edisoninfo.com
Fri May 21 14:42:38 GMT 2004

I've had samba 3.x installed since it came out. It's been working just fine
until two days ago. I've changed nothing. (I know, you've heard that before,
but I swear it is true) Two days ago my applications started to drag. I
putty'd in and saw the smbd process taking over 95% CPU. I searched the
archives all the way back to September '03. Manually, I might add. I did not
see a "search" button anywhere. What a pain. Anyway, I found a lot of people
with the same problem and NO answers. I've restarted samba, then did the
Microsoft thing and restarted the whole server. Neither impressed it any. Some
replies in the ng refer to damaged .tdb files, but again, no way to fix it.

Does anyone have an answer????????
- Gary