[Samba] Printing to Samba/Cups from Windows kills windows application.

Mark Vodden mark.vodden at clearchannel.co.uk
Fri May 21 09:42:45 GMT 2004

Hi People,

I have just built a Samba 3.0.2 server using Suse Standard Server 8 and Cups
for printing.  Setting up printers and printing works fine for all of the
more modern printers, but older HP Laserjet 5N / 4 printers do not.  When
trying to print to them from Win 2k/XP the windows app that we're printing
from just dies, or gives a "do you want to send error report to Microsoft".

I have tried all sorts of drivers and configurations for these printers and
they worked fine under Samba 2.2.8 on an old Caldera Linux server.  It also
seems as though there are no Postscript drivers for these printers, which
may not help!?

Any ideas?  Is it a bug with 3.0.2?....

Many Thanks,
Mark.