[Samba] net ads join hangs forever

Aaron Grewell agrewell at uwb.edu
Thu May 20 21:30:41 GMT 2004

I would start by checking for any kerberos misconfigurations. Just a gut
feeling though.  Does kinit run ok ?

Kinit runs fine.  I started with a standard Kerb config that I've used a
number of times with good success.  I also tried removing /etc/krb5.conf
altogether.  Kinit ran fine in either case.  Using kinit -V userid at REALM
returns "Authenticated to Kerberos V5" once I've entered my password so I'm
pretty sure it's working.  The user I'm authenticating as is a Domain Admin,
and so should have the rights to do what is needed.