[Samba] Samba 3 + Win2k = Headache

Aaron Grewell agrewell at uwb.edu
Thu May 20 20:10:42 GMT 2004

>SNIP
I can't recompile the kernel to support CIFS as a module (don't know why...
just won't work... I'll give you the IP and root's password if you'd like to
have a go at it), and I can't upgrade to the 2.6 kernel because I'm using
Red Hat Enterprise, which uses a modified version of the kernel. I've tried
everything I can think of, and I'm completely stumped as to what to do for a
solution.
>SNIP

Actually, you can upgrade RHEL 3 to 2.6.x.  There's a support issue with
that, since RH isn't going to want to give you phone support once you've
done it.  The technical issues aren't earthshaking though.