[Samba] Problems w/ MultipleUsersOnConnection registry entry for Windows 2000 Terminal servers

William Marshall bmarsh at us.ibm.com
Thu May 20 19:44:37 GMT 2004

I'm sending this as an FYI since we don't have all the details worked out
and this isn't a Samba problem.

We have seen problems (on the one system we tried it on) with
MultipleUsersOnConnection registry entry for Windows 2000 Terminal servers
that was mentioned in
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2004-April/084427.html

It may only happen with users who map through Microsoft DFS paths. A year+
ago we had a problem where some users (generally tied to the same RDP/ICA
session into a terminal server) would not get this homedir & profile
drives at logon time. It appeared as if the network connection was "half
way" stuck in the registry or such from the previous user. We eventually
got a fix for this, but MS may have regressed something.

Once we removed this "patch" the problem went away.

Bill Marshall
IBM Global Services SDC North
Rochester Server Support, PC Server Team
Dept. 77NA, Building 020-3, Rochester, MN