[Samba] Windows XP slow access to network places shortcut?

samba samba at crofox.com
Thu May 20 15:51:10 GMT 2004

Clint,

I did disable the folders view and it was still extremely slow. However, when I mapped it, the speed was amazing! It was as if I was browsing through my local c: drive. Arrrrrrrgggh. Now, my question is, What does mapping do that is so different from a shortcut in My Network Places? Any thoughts? Thanks to all for your time!

Chris