[Samba] MS Patch MS04-011 & Samba upgrade

Umberto Zanatta uzanatta at provincia.treviso.it
Thu May 20 12:03:19 GMT 2004

You should run winbind which does the right authentication for you;

Winbind maps the Windows Account to unix accounts, you have to add
winbind in nsswitch.conf.

Samba 3.0.4 can join with a ADS [Active directory].

All that's found in samba documentation:

http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/man/howto/

regards.

Il gio, 2004-05-20 alle 13:40, EXT-Auleta, Michael ha scritto:

> If I have a Samba server that is part of a Windows 2000 domain and is not a domain controller (all of our
> authentication goes against a Windows 2000 box), do I need to upgrade to 3.0.4/2.2.9?  What is the interaction
> between a Samba server that is part of a domain and the Windows client if all of the authentication is being
> done against a Windows 2000 PDC?
>
> Mike Auleta
> Boeing IDS, Philadelphia
> 610-591-3916
>
> Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who's following him?

Umberto Zanatta
linuxDidattica

tel: +39 (335) 54 71 385
email: umberto.z at tin.it