[Samba] ACL Problems

Clint Sharp clint at typhoon.org
Thu May 20 09:54:41 GMT 2004

Mike Sullivan wrote:

> Nathan
>

> I have configured with the following flags.
> ./configure --with-winbind --with-acl-support --with-pam
> --with-smbmount --w
> ith-ads
>
> and the OS definately supports ACLs as I can add domain users via the
> setfacl command.  Even when I add an ACL entry via this method the
> security tab on the PDC will not display anything other than the
> owner/group/Everyone permissions.  I get permission denied when I try
> to add an ACL entry via the PDC gui tool.
>

>                        Mike

What OS / distribution are you running?  You do have the headers (devel
package) installed for ACL's right?  Have you checked the output of
configure to make sure it's picking up ACL support?  You can send me the
output of configure off-list if you like (although I don't guarantee a
quick response :).

Clint