[Samba] Samba, pam, and kerberos

Brett Stevens brett.stevens at hubbub.com.au
Thu May 20 00:39:41 GMT 2004

Im not a complete expert in this area, but. If you try winbind its got to
have a correctly configured kerberos client to contact the AD. Could you try
this but specify your MIT Kerberos kdc instead.

Read the smb.conf section on the winbind parameters and make sure your
settings reflect the username / domain structure you have and see what
happens. Id like to know how this goes as over time our company is intrested
in moving away from M$ completetly, using a full Kerberos implimentation
would help us in this area.

Good luck

Brett Stevens