[Samba] winbind problems with linux domain member

William R. Lorenz wrl at express.org
Wed May 19 17:40:41 GMT 2004

Hi Yohann,

On Fri, 14 May 2004, Yohann Ferreira wrote:

> I've successfully applied the winbind patch on a samba 3.0.4 :

  [...]

> wbinfo -ugmt are working well, but ...
> getent passwd and getent group don't show me any 200x groups

Don't forget to modify your /etc/nsswitch.conf configuration! :)

  [root at nasone root]# grep winbind /etc/nsswitch.conf
  passwd:     files winbind
  group:      files winbind
  [root at nasone root]#

Let me know how this works for you and/or if this helps.

__ __ ___ _| | William R. Lorenz <wrl at express.org>
\ V  V / '_| | http://www.clevelandlug.net/ ; "Every revolution was
 \./\./|_| |_| first a thought in one man's mind." - Ralph Waldo Emerson