OT: Re: [Samba] "ldap_add: Already exists (68)"

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Wed May 19 16:43:44 GMT 2004

Should really have been posted to an LDAP list, but anyways...

Please read through all of this:  I may be violating some object classes
here, but I didn't research all of it, just fixing the obvious errors

abebe lsslp wrote:

>As I enter this in the command line:
>
>ldapadd -x -h localhost -D "cn=manager,dc=EAGLES,dc=com" -f base.ldif  -W
>
>I get the message:
>
>ldapadd: update failed: dc=EAGLES,dc=com
>ldap_add: Already exists (68)
>
>Is that a bad thing? Here is my whole "base.ldif" file under /root/LDIF/:

In that it halts the import of your ldif yes.  Also in that you have a
badly broken ldif.

>dn: dc=EAGLES,dc=com
>objectClass: domain
>dc: EAGLES

Add this to the object that already has the dn dc=EAGLES,dc=com

dn: dc=EAGLES,dc=com
objectclass: dcobject
objectclass: organization
objectClass: domain
o: EAGLES com.
dc: EAGLES

>dn: ou=Groups,dc=EAGLES,dc=com
>objectClass: top
>objectClass: organizationalunit
>ou: Groups
>
>dn: ou=Users,dc=EAGLES,dc=com
>objectclass: top
>objectclass: organizationalunit
>ou: Users
>
>dn: ou=Computers,dc=EAGLES,dc=com
>objectclass: top
>objectclass: organizationalunit
>ou: Computers

See previous posts about not being able to use ou=Computers.

>dn: ou=manager,dc=EAGLES,dc=com
>objectclass: organizationalrole
>cn: manager

This entry is also broken in that your dn: uncludes an ou, which is not
specified below as an attribute.  As an aside, you don't need to
manually specify your Manager object.

>dn: cn=Domain Admins,ou=Groups,dc=EAGLES,dc=com
>objectClass: posixGroup
>gidNumber: 200
>cn: Domain Admins
>memberUid: administrator
>
>dn: cn=Domain Users,ou=Groups,dc=EAGLES,dc=com
>objectClass: posixGroup
>gidNumber: 201
>cn: Domain Users

Why not leave these out and just let the smbtools-populate script add them?

--
Paul Gienger                     Office:		701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.         Cell:			701-306-6254