RES: [Samba] Experiences with Samba 3 in 'Windows Server 2003' mo de domains?

Tom Skeren tms3 at fsklaw.net
Wed May 19 15:56:50 GMT 2004

Log on to the Linux server, do netstat -an and find out whether users
machines are connecting to port 445 or 139.  If it's 445, then that IS
the way to map a drive.  If the clients are 2000/XP, and they're
atempting to connect to 445, it may well be that 2003 is forcing network
shares to try to connect to port 445 only.  Microsoft is really trying
to do away with netbios altogether.  I just experimented with turning of
netbios over tcp/ip on an XP machine, and the only way to connect to my
Redhat ads joined samba server was by IP address.

That's where I'd start looking.

TMS III