[Samba] Samba, pam, and kerberos

pll+samba at permabit.com pll+samba at permabit.com
Wed May 19 15:55:39 GMT 2004

Hi all,

Is it possible to have a Samba server use pam as the authentication
mechanism, which then in turn authenticates against an MIT Kerberos
realm?

We already have kerberos up and running, but no Windows Domain
infrastructure.  We're currently not using LDAP (but we'd want that
to auth against Kerberos anyway).

I have the Samba-3 HOWTO, but there doesn't seem to be much related
to kerberos in there.

Thanks,

--
Seeya,
Paul

GPG Key fingerprint = 1660 FECC 5D21 D286 F853  E808 BB07 9239 53F1 28EE