[Samba] Migrating to new server

Kevin Kallsen kallsen at e101.com
Wed May 19 15:12:32 GMT 2004

 Dear Fellow Samba Users:

I have mandrake 9.1 with Samba 2.2.8 running a domain with 500 users.  It
has worked flawlessly for a long time.  However, it is time to set  up a new
server.

I have a new server with Mandrake 10 OE and Samba 3.0.3 running. Please
explain to this newbie and very satisfied samba user how to migrate all my
users, groups, sid, domain, etc to the new  machine.  Also, let me know if
it would be easier to rpm samba 3.0.3 over the samba 2.2.8 before I migrate.

My goal is to rsync the correct folders and then power down the old server
and have the domain clients recognize the new server.

 Thanks in advance for your detailed reply.

 Kevin