[Samba] use local users on domain member

Martin Zielinski mz at seh.de
Wed May 19 14:03:35 GMT 2004

Hello list.

My samba 3.0.4 server is member of an NT domain.
Now I want to use local unix accounts (on this server) as well as the domain
accounts to authenticate users.

It works, if I use "smbclient -W <netbios name of the server>" but not when
using win2k clients. The client's name is mapped to the domain name and as a
result the sam backend doesn't even look at the password of the user.

I wonder, if this is allways the wanted behaviour. Am I missing a flag or
parameter?

Thanks in advance for any reply,

Martin

Martin Zielinski                       mz at seh.de