[Samba] Experiences with Samba 3 in 'Windows Server 2003' mode domains?

Thomas Maschutznig tmaschutznig at new10.com
Wed May 19 13:39:14 GMT 2004

I have a RedHat ES3 with Samba 3 joined in a 'Windows 2000 Mixed Mode'
domain running on Win 2003 DCs; everything works perfectly fine - accounts
and groups all come from the DC through winbind and users can access the
shares with their kerberos ticket without having to re-authenticate.
Now, will all this still work if I switch to the "Windows Server 2003"
domain mode or are there known problems with this?Please point me to some useful links or share your experience with such a
scenario!
I am using:
samba-3.0.2-6.3E
krb5-1.3.3