[Samba] SAMBA 3.0.4 + LDAP + usrmgr

Jim McDonough jmcd at us.ibm.com
Wed May 19 12:53:43 GMT 2004

You're having the smbldap tools create the windows user, and they
shouldn't, because Samba will try to.  For the "add user script"
parameter, they should only be creating the posix user.  I forget the flag
offhand, but you need to make sure it's just a posix user (I think it's
probably that you're using -a and shouldn't be, but it might be a
different one...the usage info will tell you).

----------------------------
Jim McDonough
IBM Linux Technology Center
Samba Team
6 Minuteman Drive
Scarborough, ME 04074
USA

jmcd at us.ibm.com
jmcd at samba.org

Phone: (207) 885-5565
IBM tie-line: 776-9984

Umberto Zanatta <uzanatta at provincia.treviso.it>
Sent by: samba-bounces+jmcd=samba.org at lists.samba.org
05/19/04 06:41 AM

samba at lists.samba.org
cc

Subject
[Samba] SAMBA 3.0.4 + LDAP + usrmgr

I've upgrade to Samba 3.0.4 a System wich it's running
SLES 8.

The System is working with LDAP and smbldap-tools 0.8.4 for managing
users and groups.

I'd like to manage the user and group with usrmgr.exe running into a
Windows
2000.

When I tried adding new user the programs didn't work and it's reported
an error.

The log system running in the PDC [SLES 8], reporting:

smbd[18795]:   init_ldap_from_sam: Setting entry for user: ccc
slapd[26365]: => bdb_dn2id_add: put failed: DB_KEYEXIST: Key/data pair
already exists -30996
smbd[18795]: [2004/05/19 12:11:01, 1] passdb/pdb_ldap.c:
ldapsam_modify_entry(1312)
smbd[18795]:   ldapsam_modify_entry: Failed add user dn= uid=xxxxxx,
ou=People,o=PROVTV with: Already exists
smbd[18795]:   ldapsam_add_sam_account: failed to modify/add user with
uid = ccc (dn = uid=ccc,ou=People,o=PROVTV)
smbd[18795]:   could not add user/computer ccc to passdb.  Check
permissions?

The user has never been add before.

Whent I've tried adding a new group the program did.

The Administrator user is Administrator with uid=0 and gid=512; the
user root isn't in ldap tree but in the passwd file.

Samba's working with admin ldap user for managing ldap [ldap admin dn].

 add machine script = /var/lib/samba/scripts/smbldap-useradd -w %u

   add user script = /var/lib/samba/scripts/smbldap-useradd -s /bin/
false -d /dev/null %u
   delete user script = /var/lib/samba/scripts/smbldap-userdel %u
   add user to group script = /var/lib/samba/scripts/smbldap-groupmod -
m %u %g
   delete user from group script = /var/lib/samba/scripts/smbldap-
groupmod -x %u %g

   add group script = /var/lib/samba/scripts/smbldap-groupadd -p %g
   delete group script = /var/lib/samba/scripts/smbldap-groupdel %g

   set primary group script = /var/lib/samba/scripts/smbldap-usermod -g
%g %u

Any idea?