[Samba] samba3.0.4 with FreeBSD

Edward Irvine at home eirvine at tpg.com.au
Wed May 19 04:54:17 GMT 2004

Hi,

I've had this working before and I thought I'd go and check out what is
wrong.

It seems the samba configure script is borken. Even when you tell it to
link against kerberos in another directory (for me it was
/opt/MIT-Kerberos) it ignores you and just looks in the default place.

You can tell which libraries samba is linked to with the ldd command.
ie: ldd /usr/local/sbin/smbd

running the ldconfig command to put /opt/MIT-Kerberos/lib ahead of
/usr/lib didn't help.

I've got it to work - finally - by installing mit kerberos over the top
of hiemdal kerberos. But it sure wasn't pretty, and is definitely not a
long term solution.

Eddie