[Samba] Samba 3.0.4 PDC w/ LDAP - XP client

Stefan G. Weichinger monitor at oops.co.at
Tue May 18 23:35:33 GMT 2004

Hello,

I am currently trying to set up my Samba 3.0.4 testbox to be a PDC for
a MS Windows XP Pro SP1 box.

I am using the latest smbldap-tools from IDEALX and I have really
REALLY tried to do things right. Followed their manual...

I cleaned my setup three times today and started from scratch ...

Managed to join my DOMAIN yesterday but right now no chance.

Read TOSHARG, OReilly`s "Using Samba", browsed the web and the
list-archives ...

logs look fine, reg.patches applied, uid=0 used, machines and users in
the same ou=Users ...

Still the XP-box tells me "Access denied" ...

--

Basic question:

What is the current way to go?

There are quite a few LDAP-PDC-HOWTOs out there, each differs a bit
and none works for me ...

--

I am aware of the fact that I am missing something which will seem
clear to me AFTER I get pointed to it. That is the whole truth about

thanks ...

--
best regards,
Stefan G. Weichinger