[Samba] Hi again timur

Tom Skeren tms3 at fsklaw.net
Tue May 18 20:15:13 GMT 2004

I am completely frustrated at this point.  The following is not meant
against you personally, but I'm the ONLY I.T. person for 100 users in  6
different offices, and I don't know what to do at this point but beg.

I finally figured out what Heimdal is, and I believe is the main
problem.  Installed 5.2.1 on a machine.  Installed krb5 from ports.
Changed make.conf adding KRB5_HOME=/usr/local.  Rebooted.  Got the
newest port for samba-devel.  Did make, make depends, make install.  Try
"net ads testjoin".  Machine responds "ADS support not compiled in".
Either I get it compiled in but net ads join/testjoin always error out
because of some incompatibility in Heimdal Kerberos, or this happens.  I
really am getting up against a wall here.  I've gotta get this thing
working.  It took me three hours to do this on a Redhat machine.  I've
been trying to do the same thing in  FreeBSD for three weeks straight.
I really don't want to rebuild all of my servers with Redhat, I don't
know Redhat very well at all, and that means replacing 4 production
servers.  I could really use a bit of help.

TMS III